These cookies were originally made at the Capri Bakery on East 116th street in NYC. Now you can bake them right at home!
So this is how you make them:
- 2.3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cupe mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon rum flavor
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup sweet flaked coconut
- 1.2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash of ground ginger
- Preheat 350 degrees F
- Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until blended
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cup and level with a knife
- Combine flour and remaining ingredients in a seperate bowl, stirring with a whisk
- Stir flour mixture with banana mixture.
- Drop dough by 2-tablespoons onto parchment-paper-lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Serving size is 20 cookies. Courtesy of The Go Green East Harlem Cookbook.
Apart from being probably the most amazing cookies you will ever eat, they’re also really healthy. So you could eat them guilt-free.