Spring is coming, and Caprese Salad is a traditional spring Italian dish. This recipe is from the big celebration meal at the end of the movie and it’s simple, healthy, and easy to make.
Caprese Salad (x 10)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella
- 12 large basil leaves
- Coarse sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Cut tomatoes into thick slices.
- Cut the fresh mozzarella into slices.
- Place a mozzarella slice on top of each tomato slice.
- Put a basil leaf on top of each stack.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the tomatoes and mozzarella slices and drizzle extra-virgin olive oil and serve immediately.